J.L. Turner Legal Association (“JLTLA”) Membership is open to 3 categories of people:
- licensed attorneys
- law students
- paralegals and/or legal assistants
What Does JLTLA Do?
- Gives over $12,000.00 in scholarships to law students annually;
- Provides mentors to African-American law students;
- Provides opportunities for its members to participate in pro bono legal clinics and other volunteer community outreach efforts throughout the Dallas community;
- Helps to keep African-American attorneys in Dallas informed of local, state and national legal issues;
- Helps to keep African-American attorneys informed on what is going on in the African-American community in Dallas;
- Helps to promote and market African-American attorneys to the greater community;
- JLTLA Website provides an online search engine of African-American attorneys in Dallas by name and legal practice area that is accessible worldwide;
- Serves as a point of contact for legal organizations needing to contact African-American attorneys in the Dallas area;
- Provides a network allowing African-American attorneys in Dallas to get to know each other.
J.L. Turner Legal Association (“JLTLA”) Membership Benefits Include:
- Regular email updates from JLTLA
- Attorneys may be included in JLTLA Website Directory Listing
- Discount on Dallas Bar Association Membership Dues
- Access events and programs hosted and/or sponsored by JLTLA, including CLE
- Ability to attend JLTLA monthly meetings and provide input on JLTLA business
- Ability to join National Bar Association as affiliate member (JLTLA is local affiliate of NBA)
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paying by Check: Dues may be paid by check and mailed to the Dallas Bar Association Mansion at:
2101 Ross Ave., Dallas, Texas, 75202
*Please note that dues paid by check will require additional time to allow receipt and processing
JLTLA Membership Application
ATTORNEY MEMBERSHIP Attorneys who are licensed to practice law in Texas or any state within the United States may join J.L. Turner Legal Association. The dues for attorneys are $75 per year. The dues are not pro-rated, they are $75 for the current calendar year, regardless of the month that the dues are paid in. Dues paid on or after November 1 of each year will be applied for membership for the next calendar year.
Paying Online: New attorney members and returning attorney members may pay the current year’s dues online by credit card if desired. Membership dues paid online will cost $75 plus online transaction fees. Attorneys that wish to pay online, click on Membership at the top of the website, and then click on Pay Membership Dues tab.
Paying by Check: Attorneys who wish to pay by check may pay by U.S. mail, accompanied by a completed JLTLA Membership Application, and must note the year being paid for on the check. Membership dues may only be paid “in person” at a monthly JLTLA meeting or other JLTLA sponsored event. To download the JLTLA Membership Application, click on the JLTLA Membership Application link at the top of this page.
LAW STUDENT MEMBERSHIP Law students who are currently enrolled in any law school in any state, territory or possession of the United States of America, or of the District of Columbia may join JLTLA by printing and emailing a completed JLTLA Membership Application to the JLTLA Membership Chair. Law Student membership dues are FREE. To download the JLTLA Membership Application, click on the JLTLA Membership Application link at the top of this page.
PARALEGAL MEMBERSHIP Paralegals and legal assistants that would like to become members must download a Paralegal application and submit the completed Paralegal application with $30 membership payment by U.S. mail to the address provided on the Paralegal application. [Please note that dues for paralegal student members are $10.] Click here to access: JLTLA-Paralegal Application(revised)..