Managing Attorney, Staff Attorneys and a Legal Assistant
Texas Advocacy Project’s mission is to end dating and domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking in Texas. Texas Advocacy Project empowers survivors through free legal services and access to the justice system, and advances prevention through public outreach and education. Our vision is that all Texans live free from abuse.
We are currently hiring a Managing Attorney, Staff Attorneys and a Legal Assistant. Positions are posted on the Texas Advocacy Project’s website, Indeed and LinkedIn. For your convenience, I’ve attached a PDF with the job descriptions.
Candidates may apply online on TAP’s website https://www.texasadvocacyproject.org/about-project/open-positions or by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We ask that candidates include in the subject line the position they are applying for and how they learned about the opportunity.
For up and coming lawyers who are seeking Fall Clerk positions, please have the law students email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . https://www.texasadvocacyproject.org/equal-justice-works-fellowship
Download Job Listing
General Attorney (Labor)
The Department of Labor, Office of the Solicitor (SOL), Fair Labor Standards (FLS) Division is recruiting for a General Attorney (Labor) to join our team. The attorney will handle appellate cases, work on regulations, and provide legal advice related to minimum wage and overtime, family and medical leave, child labor, guest worker visa programs, and work performed on government contracts, as well as under numerous whistleblower protection statutes. This is an opportunity to do meaningful work protecting workers’ rights, take on significant responsibility, and have wonderful colleagues.
More details on the position, qualifications requirements, and the application process are set forth in the vacancy announcement, EX-21-SOL-03 which is available through the following USAJobs link: View Job Listing. This position will be remote during the pandemic but ultimately located in Washington, DC.
The deadline for submitting applications is Thursday, February 18, 2021. We encourage anyone interested in the position to apply. Interested persons can also obtain information about working at SOL through the new “SOL Ambassadors Program” View Job Listing.
Civil Litigation Staff Attorney
The Constitutional Law Center for Muslims in America (CLCMA) seeks a full-time Staff Attorney to support the Civil Litigation department’s team members, handling federal court civil rights impact litigation and administrative matters.
The ideal candidate is a licensed attorney with a minimum of 4-8 years of federal court litigation experience, which may include judicial clerkship, law firm, or public interest experience. Additionally, the candidate must work well in a diverse workplace with a diverse client base, and be willing to take on novel legal issues. And, it’s litigation, so things change. If you are a good fit for this job, you’re ok with change and have at least 4-8 years experience at being flexible.View Job Listing
Corporate Mortgage Compliance Counsel
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
The Corporate Compliance Counsel position provides support to management, corporate, and branch personnel by interpreting state and federal laws and regulations as each applies to the day-to-day mortgage origination process, as well as perform general legal tasks including research projects and agreement review and drafting.
(NOTE: Previous mortgage industry experience, must be licensed attorney, AND have strong knowledge in mortgage closings/title work REQUIRED. Candidates must be willing to work in our Carrollton, TX office per covid considerations below.)
COVID-19 considerations: Due to current pandemic, this position will start 100% work from home/remote. Position will work remotely for the foreseeable future, but candidates must be able to work in Carrollton, TX office when management communicates plan to do so. For more information on our covid-19 safety protocols, please inquire with our recruiter.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluates and provides analysis and counsel on closing and title inquiries relative to day-to-day origination compliance matters and the loan origination process from application to closing
- Advises and educates the branch network on topics such as limited English proficiency requirements
- Conducts research on projects as required by the General Counsel
- Help identify and assess regulatory changes affecting the industry and company
- Experience working as part of a change management team
- Develops a strong partnership with internal departments
- Performs other general legal duties including project research, contract review, and agreement drafting
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Participates and leads proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Adopts Fairway values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions
- Contributes and leads a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding federal and state statutes, regulations and interpretations governing residential mortgage lending, including TILA, RESPA, ECOA, HMDA and other consumer finance laws
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current business acumen
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of state and federal laws and regulations to the day-to-day origination process and explaining to the branch network in a way they understand
Required Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) Degree from accredited law school and membership in good standing in one state bar
- 3+ years of experience with an emphasis on the mortgage origination process at a law firm or larger in-house legal department of a regulated institution
- Demonstrated experience in analytical, critical thinking, and research techniques
- Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, written and oral communication, organization, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office software products
More About Fairway:
At Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, we're dedicated to providing an AMAZING EXPERIENCE for YOU every day. Founded in April 1996, Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation employs over 9,000 employees nationwide. With a strong focus on purchase business, we continue to grow each year, closing approximately $65 billion in 2020. We are proud to be voted the #1 Best Mortgage Company to Work for 6 years in a row by Mortgage Executive Magazine based on Loan Officer votes. Whether you’re looking to advance your career as a mortgage professional in our branch network or in a corporate support role, we offer a variety of opportunities to help you grow personally and professionally!